Install Trench Support
This course develops the knowledge, skills and attitudes required to work safely in excavations/trenches and follow procedures to ensure safety for all. This course meets the requirements of State/Territory WHS Regulators and Australian Standard AS 4774.1.
Those who are required to work with equipment, processes and materials associated with excavations/trenches.
- Problem solving activities
- Problem solving questions (written)
- Short answer questions (written)
- Group participation
- Work “type” activities
- Observation of practical skills
- Recognition of prior learning (if applicable)
What will be covered
- Compliance documentation
- Equipment selection
- Environmental protection
- Preparation, installation and removal procedures
- Risk assessment and management
- Ability to read and correctly interpret complex signage; speak clearly and unambiguously in English; and to explain, describe and verify sometimes complex needs and issues.
- Writing is required to the level of completing workplace forms.
- Must be at least 16 years of age
- Photo ID
Statement of Attainment issued by All States Training for the following units of competency
- RIICCM210D Install trench support
- RIIWHS201D Work safely and follow WHS policies and procedures
- RIIRIS201D Conduct local risk control