HLTAID002 Provide Basic Emergency Life Support
All States Training is able to come to you for these courses.
We are flexible and mobile to meet your training needs.
This course will provide you with the skills and knowledge required to provide First Aid response, life support, management of casualty(s), the incident and other First Aiders, until the arrival of medical or other assistance.
- Knowledge of the ARC Guidelines relevant to the provision of CPR
- Safe work practices to minimise risk and potential hazards and harm
- Infection control principles and procedures
- Duty of care requirements
- Display respectful behaviour towards casualty
- Consent requirements
- Confidentiality requirements
- Responding to signs of an unconscious casualty
- Basic Life Support - DRSABCD
- Airway obstructions
- Appropriate duration and cessation of CPR
- Appropriate use of an AED
- Chain of survival
- Allergic reaction
- Bleeding control
- Cardiac conditions, including chest pain
- Importance of debriefing
Students will be assessed through the demonstration of practical skills, participation in role plays, analysis of case studies and a written quiz.
On successful completion of this course, students will be issued with a nationally recognised Statement of Attainment for the following units:
- HLTAID002 Provide basic emergency life support
HLTAID001 Provide CPR
Current industry standards state this course must be updated every 3 years with the CPR component being updated every 12 months.