HLTAID001 Provide CPR
All States Training is able to come to you for these courses.
We are flexible and mobile to meet your training needs.
This course will provide you with the knowledge and skills necessary to maintain breathing and circulation in an adult, child or infant following cardiac arrest.
- Knowledge of the ARC Guidelines relevant to the provision of CPR
- Safe work practices to minimise risk and potential hazards and harm
- Infection control principles and procedures
- Duty of care requirements
- Display respectful behaviour towards casualty
- Consent requirements
- Responding to signs of an unconscious casualty
- Basic Life Support - DRSABCD
- Airway obstructions
- Appropriate duration and cessation of CPR
- Chain of survival
Importance of debriefing
This course is available online. All theory is delivered through our multi award-winning online learning portal. Once complete, students must book into a one-day practical assessment session in order to gain full qualification.
Students will be assessed through the demonstration of practical skills, participation in role plays, analysis of case studies and a written quiz.
On successful completion of this course, students will be issued with a nationally recognised Statement of Attainment for the following unit: HLTAID001 Provide CPR.
Current industry standards reccomend this course is updated every 12 months.
HLTAID001 Provide CPR (REFRESHER)
The prerequisite for this course is a current Provide CPR (HLTAID001) Statement of Attainment gained within the last 12 months.