AHCCHM201 - Apply chemicals under supervision
All States Training is able to come to you for these courses.
We are flexible and mobile to meet your training needs.
This unit of competency describes the skills and knowledge required to handle, transport, and apply chemicals under supervision using workplace specified chemicals and application equipment.
The unit applies to individuals working in a broad range of job contexts who undertake defined routine activities under supervision. They exercise limited autonomy within established and well-known parameters, providing solutions to a limited range of predictable problems.
State or territory licensing, legislative or certification requirements apply in some jurisdictions.
- identify hazards and adopt safe work practices
- follow directions on chemical labels and relevant Safety Data Sheets SDS
- carry out pre-operational checks of application equipment
- measure, mix and load chemical mixes
- safely apply chemical under supervision
- report spillages, accidents or deficiencies in procedures and practices to supervisor
- use appropriate personal protective equipment
- follow emergency procedures during an accident or spillage
- follow enterprise work health and safety procedures
- safely dispose of chemicals
- record relevant information, including amount of chemical applied as per commonwealth, state and territory chemical legislation
Recognition of Prior Learning
RPL is available for this unit
Unique Student Identifier (USI)
In order to receive a certificate for any accredited course, all students must have a Unique Student Identifier (USI). We recommend that you create your USI before you book your course. You will need your USI to enrol. Create one or find out more at www.usi.gov.au