TLILIC0006 - Licence to operate a bridge and gantry crane
What is a Bridge and Gantry Crane?
This licence class encompasses bridge and gantry cranes that are controlled from a permanent cabin or control station or remotely controlled with more than three powered operations. Powered operations include:
- rotating attachment - this also includes the application of load estimation and slinging techniques to move a load.
A bridge crane comprises a bridge beam mounted at each end, to an end carriage, capable of traveling along elevated runways and having one or more hoisting mechanisms arranged to traverse across the bridge.
A gantry crane comprises a bridge beam, supported at each end by legs mounted on end carriages, capable of traveling on supporting surfaces or deck levels, whether fixed or not, including a crab with one or more hoisting units arranged to travel across the bridge.
Who is required to have a Bridge and Gantry Crane licence?
A Bridge and Gantry Crane HRW Licence is required to operate a bridge or gantry crane that is:
- Controlled from a permanent cabin or control station on the crane, or
- Remotely controlled with more than three powered operations, for example:
- A single hoist with four powered operations e.g. traversing, travelling, hoisting and rotating, and
- multiple hoists with four or more powered operations e.g. two non-synchronised hoists would typically have at least five powered operations - traversing by two, hoisting by two and travelling.
Are Doggers required when using a Bridge or Gantry Crane?
A Dogging High Risk Work Licence or one of the three rigging HRW licences is required by:
- Any person other than a licensed bridge or gantry crane operator, who exercises judgement in the estimation of a load or selection of the slinging methods and lifting equipment when slinging a load on any bridge or gantry crane.
- Any person who directs any bridge or gantry crane operator in the movement of the load where the load is out of view of the crane operator.
What will I learn?
- Hazard identification, risk assessment and controls
- Identify safe operating parameters using data plate and manual
- Conduct pre and post operational checks
- Remotely control Bridge and Gantry crane
- Emergency procedures
What are the pre-requisites?
- Must at 18 years of age
- Have a current white card
- Must be able to supply 100 points of identification
- Have a good understanding of the English language
- Arrive 15 minutes early to your training session
How can obtain my Bridge and Gantry Crane licence?
Contact the All States Training office on (07) 4123 0415 and one of our friendly staff will direct you to one of our trainers.
Face-to-face delivery only.