This qualification reflects the role of a security officer, responsible for maintaining safety and security by patrolling, protecting or guarding property while unarmed, and screening entry, monitoring behaviour and removing persons from premises.
• security officer unarmed guard
• security officer crowd controller
• security officer
• unarmed guard
• crowd controller
• armed guarding
• close protection
• control room operations
• guard dog handling
Security officers may work alone or work in a team environment under general supervision, operating with limited autonomy and judgement to complete routine but variable tasks, with some accountability and responsibility for their own outputs, work and learning.
Anyone wishing to work a security officer in Queensland must undertake this course as a minimum requirement.
• To enrol students must supply a Unique Student Identifier number (USI) and provide a copy of some current photo identification
• Classroom: Face-to-Face
• Pre-course reading (approx. 40 hours)
• 6-8 Days classroom. Must be fully completed within 12 months if extra time is required.
14 units of competency:
• 14 core units of competency
• CPPSEC2101 Apply effective communication skills to maintain security
• CPPSEC2102 Apply legal and procedural requirements to work effectively within a security team
• CPPSEC2103 Apply WHS, emergency response and evacuation procedures to maintain security
• CPPSEC2104 Apply risk assessment to select and carry out responses to security risk situations
• CPPSEC2105 Provide quality services to a range of security clients
• CPPSEC2106 Protect self and others using basic defensive techniques
• CPPSEC2107 Patrol premises to monitor property and maintain security
• CPPSEC2108 Screen people, personal effects and items to maintain security
• CPPSEC2109 Monitor and control access and exit of persons and vehicles from premises
• CPPSEC2110 Monitor and control individual and crowd behaviour to maintain security
• CPPSEC2111 Apply security procedures to manage intoxicated persons
• CPPSEC2112 Apply security procedures to remove persons from premises
• CPPSEC2113 Escort and protect persons and valuables
• HLTAID003 Provide first aid
If you already hold a current First Aid certificate but it is more than 12 months old, you will need to complete a CPR Refresher in order to apply for or renew your licence. This can be done as part of your course and is strongly recommended.
In order to receive a certificate for any accredited course, all students must have a Unique Student Identifier (USI). We recommend that you create your USI before you book your course. You will need your USI to enrol. Create one or find out more at www.usi.gov.au
On successful completion you will be issued with a Statement of Attainment.