This is an induction program designed to provide new and existing building and construction industry participants with introductory knowledge and understanding necessary to commence or continue work in the building and construction industry, whether it be for work, deliveries, or other business.
- New and existing workers to the building and construction industry
- Other personnel wishing to attain a White card
This course must be completed BEFORE entering a building and construction work site.
- Be able to read and write Basic English (Workplace Health & Safety Requirement)
- Provide one (1) photographic ID in the form of original or certified copies of:
- Current and valid driver's licence issued by an Australian State of Territory or
- An 18 + card or
- A current and valid passport or
- School identity card or
- Provide two (2) forms of other ID in form of original or certified copies of
- Medicare card
- Bank debit card
- Credit card
- Birth Certificate
- Immigration certificate
- Citizenship certificate
- Naturalisation certificate
- Please contact us should you not be able to provide valid photographic ID
Proof of having participated in the general construction induction course and successfully completed the assessment for such course shall be evidenced by a Statutory Declaration made by the course participant in accordance with part 4 of the Oaths Act 1867 (QLD) declaring:
- that the participant has identified themselves truthfully for the course undertaken; and
- that the work submitted during the course was the participants own work; and
- that the participant has received no assistance from anyone else (other than the trainer of the course) in the completion of an assessment; and
- in the cased of face-to-face course delivery, the time, date and venue of the course undertaken by the participant and the name of the person who conducted the training.
All States Training will have available a Justice of the Peace(Qual) at each course to assist with the completion of the Statutory Declaration as required by Workplace Health & Safety Qld licence agreements.
This course is 5-6 hours including assessment will be conducted in a classroom environment. We hold this at our office in Maryborough. We are also able to deliver training onsite where required.
Unit of competency
There is one (1) unit of competency associated with this course:
- CPCCWHS1001 Prepare to work safely in the construction industry
It is expected that participants should acquire knowledge, skill and understanding of the following areas:
- OH&S legislative requirements
- Construction hazards and control measures
- OH&S communication and reporting processes
- OH&S incident response procedures
Upon successful completion of this course participants will receive a Statement of Attainment
Upon successful completion of the course, the trainer of the course will issue you with a pre-numbered card which has been supplied to AST by Workplace Health and Safety Qld.
OHS in the Construction Industry
While mutual recognition of these cards occur between many states and territories, there is now a nationally recognised general induction training program, which has been jointly developed and agreed upon by all States and Territories in Australian OHS authorities. Previously States and Territories have had their own requirements or qualifications for a person to provide this proof of training (NSW Green Card, VIC Red Card, Qld Blue Card etc).