This course covers Category A, B and H weapons; these are the most common firearms used for sports/target, recreational and occupational shooting activities. Examples of firearms under these categories include:
- Air Rifles
- Single and Double Barrel Shotguns
- Bolt Action Rifles
- Lever Action Rifles/Shotguns
- Pump Action Rifles
- Muzzle Loading Firearm
- Combination Guns (Rifle and Shotgun)
- Semi-Auto Pistols
- Paintball Guns
On successful completion of this course, participants will receive a Statement of Attainment for 10618NAT Course in Firearms Safety (Approved for Firearms Licensing in Queensland).
This course meets the training requirements to apply for a QLD Weapons Licence for categories A B and H.
Additional requirements exist to apply for a Category H licence which will be covered during the course.
Your Statement of Attainment will be emailed to your nominated email address or posted within one week of course completion.
Units of Competency
This course covers the following units:
- WSCQPS001 Demonstrate knowledge of firearms legislation, firearms and community safety
- WSCQPS002 Demonstrate use of category A and B firearms safely
- WSCQPS005 Demonstrate use of category H firearms safely
Other Categories - The following categories are separate courses, contact us for more information about these.
- Category C - Unit: WSCQPS003 Demonstrate use of Category C firearms safely
- Category D - Unit: WSCQPS004 Demonstrate use of Category D firearms safely
- Category M (Cross-bow) - Unit: WSCQPS006 Use crossbows lawfully, responsibly and safely
In order to participate in this course, students must meet the following requirements:
- Full licence holders must be at least 18 years of age
- Children of at least 11 years of age can use certain firearms with approved adult supervision under a minors licence. Must have written permission to attend the course
- Must not have any physical or other impairment which would prevent you from handling firearms safely – if unsure, seek advice from your GP or contact us to discuss suitability
- Must not have any criminal convictions (relating to drug use, violence or weapons) in the past five years
- Must not have been a subject to a domestic violence order in the past five years
- Must not have been a subject to an involuntary mental health order in the past five years
This course is delivered face-to-face over 6-8 hours including a live fire range practice at an approved range.
Resources and Equipment
- All equipment will be provided, plus notes for referencing once the course is completed.
- Participants are required to wear/bring enclosed footwear.
- Participants are asked to bring lunch. Tea and coffee will be provided.
Cost of the course is $125. This includes all reference material and all ammunition for all firearms categories used.